Freshman Forum: Getting Ready for Spring Course Registration
The virtual Freshman Forum: Getting Ready for Spring Course Registration provides first-year students with helpful mid-semester information and preparation for spring course registration.
This forum will help you learn about:
- How to know when you need help with a class
- Tips on how to communicate with instructors, especially for online classes
- Information about some of the academic support services available to help with studying, tutoring, writing papers, speaking assignments, and more
- Examples of ways to utilize drop-in hours
- Basics of spring course registration and how to prepare
Each College or School hosts a breakout session during the program so that you can meet with their specific advisors.
Attendance at this program is highly recommended for first-year students. This event is sponsored by Your First Year and the Academic Advising Council.
This event is also part of the YFY Success Series program where students can earn a First Year Success Certificate by attending events and programs throughout the year. Learn more here.
On Monday October 4, 2021 YFY hosted a virtual Freshman Forum event to provide first-year students with helpful mid-semester information and preparation for Spring 2022 course registration. The two-part program featured a Q&A panel with Student Success representatives. Following the panel, the Academic Advising Center for each College or School hosted individualized breakout sessions focused on in-depth information about spring advising and course registration.