RESERVATIONS FOR JUNE SOAR WILL OPEN ON FEBRUARY 1.
We are excited to welcome you to UNCG and help get you started on your college journey! Spartan Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR) is a required program for all new UNCG students starting in the fall semester.
SOAR Date & Schedule
A detailed schedule of events will be available closer to the event date.
As an incoming first-year student, you will be pre-registered for your fall 2024 semester classes by your Academic Advising Center based on the information you provide on the Class Schedule Interest Survey (CSI). To complete your SOAR reservation process in the New Student Portal:
- Complete the Class Schedule Interest (CSI) Survey.
- Make your Spartan Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR) reservation.
TAKE CARE OF THESE ITEMS BEFORE SOAR!
Your first step should be to log into iSpartan, using your UNCG email and password. From here, you can access your UNCG email, UNCGenie, and many other services you will need as a student.
- All official communication from UNCG to students is sent to their UNCG email – be sure to check yours daily.
- UNCGenie is the main student information dashboard for everything related to UNCG; follow the “login with iSpartan” link and use your UNCG username and password if prompted.
For more information about the types of accounts required and other IT information, visit the 6TECH Knowledge Base website.
UNCG’s Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will help you apply, understand, and maximize the potential of your eligible awarded aid.
2024-25 FAFSA Updates: The FAFSA is changing! If you’re filing for 2024-25 financial aid, you will use the new, simplified FAFSA, available starting in December 2023. Read more on what’s different and how to prepare now.
Apply for financial aid today by filing your FAFSA!
Get familiar with our housing options, apply for on-campus housing, and review the housing application process through UNCG’s HRL website.
From here you can also access Artemis, UNCG’s Housing Portal for students to apply, change rooms, or check their current housing status. You will use your UNCG username and password to log in.
Submit a photo for your SpartanCard online, using the SpartanCard Center’s PhotoLink web app!
Follow the link above, read all photo submission guidelines, and then at the bottom of the page, click on either Campus, Distance, or Employee to be taken to your PhotoLink login page.
You will log in with your UNCG student username and password.
The UNCG Immunizations office is located on the second floor of the Anna M. Gove Student Health Center, and is open Monday – Friday 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Immunization forms need to be submitted at or before your SOAR session, and can be found and downloaded at the link above, on the Student Health Services website.
Every student is required to complete a W9S Tax Form and submit to the Cashiers Office. This can be done online through UNCGenie, in the Cashier’s Office Document Upload section. For complete instructions, see the top of the Form W-9S in the link above.
As an incoming student, be sure to verify with your high school and/or current college to confirm that an official copy of your academic transcript(s) has been sent to the UNCG Registrar’s Office.
If you need to send a transcript electronically, you can do so through the National Student Clearinghouse.
If you are taking 6 or more campus credit hours, you must submit proof of creditable health insurance, or purchase a plan through Student Blue, which is billed to your UNCG student account.
The Office of Accessibility Resources & Services (OARS) provides, coordinates, and advocates for services which enable students with disabilities to receive equal access to a college education, and to all aspects of university life.
Parking, Meals & Overnight Accommodations
- FREE parking will be available in the Walker Avenue Parking Deck.
- 3 meals are provided during SOAR for first-year students and their registered SOAR guests.
- All first year students are required to stay on campus overnight in SOAR housing. There are no overnight accommodations for parent and family members. If you need to book local accommodations for your SOAR session, please visit the link below to see our curated list of hotels offering SOAR rates.
- More information about parking, meals, and accommodations will be emailed to students and registered guests closer to your session date.
You can find all SOAR-related materials and resources listed at the link below.
Make Your SOAR Reservations
- SOAR reservations will open on February 1.
- Log in to the New Student Portal and be sure to use your UNCG username and password. Your UNCG username and email address are very similar so they are easy to mix up:
- Complete the Class Schedule Interest (CSI) Survey in the New Student Portal.
- Complete your SOAR reservation.
- Students must make reservations for all guests, and there is a maximum of two guests allowed.
When you are ready to register, click the following link to enter the New Student Portal:
Each student can invite up to 2 parents or adult family members to attend SOAR. Your guest reservation includes SOAR programming, materials, meals, and parking.
The fee for the second guest is $85. We accept cash or credit card only; we do not accept American Express.
Guests must be adult family members, and there are no overnight accommodations for guests during SOAR. See our local hotel list here.
The New Student Fee and SOAR guest fee is still applicable if your students and/or their guest attends SOAR, yet decide not to attend UNCG.
The guest fee(s) is fully refundable only if the SOAR guest reservation is canceled no fewer than 5 (five) business days (M-F, 8 am-5 pm) in advance of the reserved SOAR session start date. No partial refunds.
SOAR SESSION DATES
Students attend SOAR based on the College or School their major falls under.
To find your College or School, click here to search for your major – that major’s College or School will be listed underneath it. Or, for a complete list of majors and their corresponding Colleges or Schools, Click Here.