RESERVATIONS FOR JUNE SOAR ARE NOW OPEN!
We are excited to welcome you to UNCG and help get you started on your college journey! Spartan Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR) is a required program for all new UNCG students starting in the fall semester.
TAKE CARE OF THESE ITEMS BEFORE SOAR!
- As an incoming transfer student, you will hear from your Academic Advising Center based on your major to set up advising & registration by appointment (ARA).
- Beginning April 22, 2024, Academic Advising Centers will send email communication to transfer students with additional information and instructions for scheduling this appointment.
- Check your UNCG email for more information about setting up an appointment.
Parking, Meals & Overnight Accommodations
- FREE parking will be available in the Walker Avenue Parking Deck.
- Lunch will be provided during SOAR for transfer students and their registered guests.
- If you need to book local accommodations for your SOAR session, please visit the link below to see our curated list of hotels offering SOAR rates. Please note there are no overnight accommodations provided.
You can find all SOAR-related materials and resources listed at the link below.
Make Your SOAR Reservations
- SOAR reservations will open on February 1.
- Log in to the New Student Portal and be sure to use your UNCG username and password. Your UNCG username and email address are very similar so they are easy to mix up:
- Complete your SOAR reservation.
- Students must make reservations for all guests, and there is a maximum of two guests allowed.
When you are ready to register, click the following link to enter the New Student Portal:
$40 per guest
Each student can invite up to 2 parents or adult family members to attend the in-person SOAR program. Your guest reservation includes SOAR programming, materials, a meal, and parking.
The fee for each guest is $40. We accept cash or credit card only; we do not accept American Express.
Guests must be adult family members, and there are no overnight accommodations during SOAR. See our local hotel list here.
The New Student Fee and SOAR guest fee is still applicable if your students and/or their guest attends SOAR, yet decide not to attend UNCG.
The guest fee(s) is fully refundable only if the SOAR guest reservation is canceled no fewer than 5 (five) business days (M-F, 8 am-5 pm) in advance of the reserved SOAR session start date. No partial refunds.
SOAR SESSION DATES
Students attend SOAR based on the College or School their major falls under.
To find your College or School, click here to search for your major – that major’s College or School will be listed underneath it. Or, for a complete list of majors and their corresponding Colleges or Schools, Click Here.